The Rule Book
by: Jennifer Blackwood
Rule Breakers #1
Publication Date: May 9, 2016
Genre: Adult, New Adult, Contemporary Romance, Entangled Embrace
Starr Media Second-Assistant Survival Guide
1. Don’t call your hot boss the antichrist to his face.
2. Don’t stare at hot boss’s, um, package or his full sleeve of tattoos. (No. Really. Stop!)
3. Don’t get on the malicious first assistant’s bad side.
4. Don’t forget to memorize the 300-page employee manual.
5. If you value your cashmere, steer clear of boss’s dog.
6. Boss’s dimples are lust-inducing. Do. Not. Give. In.
7. “The elevator ate your clothes” is not a valid excuse for showing up to important meetings half dressed.
8. Don’t break seven of the rules within the first week of employment if you, ya know, are in dire need of money to support your sick mom.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the boss. See rule eight about sick mom.
10. Never forget the rules.
The Rule Book kinda reminded me of The Devil Wears Prada because she was the Second Assistant and the First Assistant was a total dillhole. But that’s where the similarities end.
Lainey is every one of us. Awkward, nervous, argues with herself internally and has a habit of putting her foot in her mouth. But oddly enough, Brogan is interested in that. Because Lainey forces him out of his orderly, tight, ruled bubble.
Brogan makes me think he is part geeky nerd with all his rules and orderly-ness. But then his tattoos and his unconventional dog belie that.
Lainey balances Brogan out perfectly and I think Lainey’s attitude is what attracts Brogan. She’s so different and carefree than his orderly, anal self.
Great, funny read! Can’t wait for more Rule Breakers!
ABOUT JENNIFER BLACKWOOD
Jennifer Blackwood is an English teacher and contemporary romance author. She lives in Oregon with her husband, son, and poorly behaved black lab puppy. When not chasing after her toddler, you can find her binging on episodes of Gilmore Girls and Supernatural, and locking herself in her office to write.